Has anyone seen my first round draft pick?
His name is Drew Brees...tall, sandy hair, good looking, accurate throwing arm, threw 26 TDs last year with only 11 interceptions over 16 games. The guy at the head of the highest scoring offense of 2006, with a 96% QB rating last year.
Cuz I don't know who this guy is who is impersonating him. I think maybe this guy got hold of some polyjuice and Drew is at the bottom of a trunk in this guy's office.
This Drew Brees threw four interceptions tonight. FOUR. He is up to 7 for the season and he's only played 3 games. He has a 66% rating. Oh, and he's given me one lousy TD. He's averaging 12 fantasy points per game.
Let's put that in perspective. P. Manning has given his owner an average of 26 fantasy points per game. Palmer, 36, Brady, 37. The QB ranking going into the season was generally considered to be P. Manning, Brees, Palmer, then Brady. Some lists had Palmer 2nd and Brees 3rd. I chose Brees above Palmer because Manning was already taken. Brees was my first pick...my superstar. Even Trent Green, who got drafted as a back-up in the 11th round, has produced an average of 22 points per game.
Now, I know it isn't all this Brees impersonator's fault. Football is a team sport. Other players drop his passes, and his offensive line is having issues protecting him. But a superstar QB is supposed to be able to overcome these issues.
So if anyone sees my first round draft pick, the Drew Brees of 2006, can you let me know? I'm getting a little desperate. I'm trying not to give up on my early picks because in the end, talent usually shines through. Usually. But Lee Evans has been a HUGE disappointment at WR, so I'm still waiting for his talent to kick in and my backup QB hurt his elbow Sunday. Since Brees is on a bye this weekend, I need to slot in a QB if Delhomme isn't going to be able to play...or maybe even if he can play...the elbow injury isn't inspiring confidence right now. Possibly the only thing worse than a QB that gets you 10 points is one who re-injures his arm on the first play and goes out for the game.
But hey, at least Brees isn't my lowest scoring QB ever. That honor will always go to Grossman. Who can forget this memeorable Monday Night game? The announcers were even talking about it on the air last night. So it isn't just my memory it is imbedded into.
So I'm sitting at last in the league...the only one at 0-3.
As a pick-me-up, though, click this link and read the first part...it's hilarious. Apparently teams have been positioning their cheerleaders near the opponent during pre-game warm-ups and the NFL has had it with this behavior. how dare they purposefully distract hard-working football players with all that stretching and bending?!
I'm nearly done with some socks for Children in Common. Might post photos later this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment