That's how many points I got from my QB last night. Disgraceful.
Grossman has been a decent and sometimes great Fantasy QB. I've had him as a back-up for a few weeks, knowing that Brady was going to be on his bye this week, and I was looking forward to trying out Grossman. He's done so well I've considered benching Brady for Grossman, the Chicago QB who has been turning heads all year with his throwing and his undefeated team.
So last night I flipped on the TV and settled in to watch Grossman's Bears kick the flimsy Arizona Cardinal team up and down the field for three hours, racking up points for me. I was expecting at least 30 points from Grossman, the Chicago QB. My opponent had the main Chicago receiver (Berrian) and the Chicago kicker and Arizona's main RB, Edgerrin James, who hasn't been doing so hot since he moved to Arizona from Indy. As long as Grossman threw often and scored a TD or two that didn't involve Berrian, I had a decent chance of winning since the top rated Chicago defense was expected to contain James.
In a shocking turn of events, Grossman could barely complete a pass in the first half and Arizona could do no wrong. Forget TD's, the Bears just needed a first down. Grossman started throwing interceptions (which I lost points for) and he fumbled twice in the first half (which I also lost points for). And to top it off, Grossman couldn't get them into the endzone before halftime, so my opponent's kicker got a field goal. After halftime the Chicago defense, one of the best in the league, woke up and started playing the game.
Arizona is not a good team...in fact, they are a terrible team. But they have a hot young rookie QB out of USC and some decent individual players and they had a good thing going for a while last night. It looked like they might beat the undefeated Bears on Monday Night Football. Unthinkable. It was hard not to root for them. Unfortunately, they were playing only marginally better than Chicago and couldn't hold onto their lead once the bears defense woke up from hibernation. Despite the fact that Grossman couldn't stop throwing interceptions. The Bears came back, somehow, from a 20 point deficit in the 4th quarter without an offensive TD. All three of their TD's were from the defense and special teams. Grossman threw for just under 150 yds, low numbers from him, but what wiped me out was the four interceptions and two fumbles. I ended up getting 0.71 point from a rising star QB who played the whole freaking game!
This has been my FF luck recently. I finally play my back-up QB, who has been scoring some pretty steady points all season and I end up with less than 1 point from him. I didn't even know it was possible....
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment