Saturday, November 12, 2011

Socks

So I have finished two pairs of socks recently.

The first pair was knit on my Signature size 1 dpns. Awesome needles. Very sharp needles. I don't knit in cars with dpns, assuming that an episode with an airbag and dpns, especially the sharp metal variety, may not end well for me, so when we were in Los Angeles, I started the second pair on long circulars using the magic loop method. Got a lot knit on them, actually, driving to and from Disneyland, waiting for C to take N on the spinning rides at Disneyland, and on the flight home from Disneyland, where N fell asleep for nearly three hours.

It seems that I am really into the stockinette socks right now. They are easy for me to knit on when N is at gymnastics or swimming...I don't have to look at what I am doing and I can keep my eyes on her.

First pair: Berroco Sox, colorway 1482


Second pair: Sheepy Time Knits Sheepy Feet, Polar Bear in the Jungle colorway
I've cast-on some more Berroco Sox in a brown colorway. It's a colorway that I used when knitting some socks for Mittens for Akkol, and I liked it so much I bought more to make myself a pair.

No comments: