About a month or so ago, after I finished the stripey cardi for N, I became completely obsessed with knitting up a dinosaur sweater for her after I saw the pattern on Ravelry. She's been going through a bit of a dinosaur phase and for about a week or so, wanted to be one for Halloween. That has since changed. However, I showed her a photo of the sweater when I began working on it and she would ask me everyday if I was knitting on her sweater. A couple of mornings in a row she woke up, saw me sleeping on the air mattress next to her bed, and immediately started crying about how I wasn't knitting her sweater.
The knitting went quickly....I don't seem to knit a lot with worsted weight anymore and I forget how fast it can be to whip up a little sweater at 4-5 stitches per inch.
It's been done for a while and I still need to weave in a few ends and wet block it to even out the stitches, but I am very pleased with how it turned out. Fits her perfectly, which feels like quite an accomplishment. And I knit it entirely from stash. Go me. Now it just needs to get cold here.
Back in August, I joined a mystery knitalong for a Stephen West design. I'm not too big on mystery KAL's because often they are large shawls and I don't want to invest a lot of time and energy into something I may or may not really like.
I also have finally finished my "stupid, simple shawl". That's what the Rockstars all call this pattern and most of us have done one now, it seems.. It's the Simple Yet Effective Shawl in fingering weight. There are a WHOLE LOT of stitches in this here shawl. But it was a great no-thought project for watching N at gymnastics or trips in the car. I used two skeins of Noro Kureyon Sock. One I have had in stash for quite a while and the other was one I bought for this shawl. The first skein was super bright, with oranges, pinks, and cobalt blue. So I picked up a contrasting skein that was mostly greens with a bit of red and yellow. It looks like a box of crayons melted all over it, but I like it.
3 comments:
Oh I love the knitting youve gotten done! This last shawl is pretty but you are right its large- I hope you find some great ways to wear it and show off all your hard work.(Im thinking I would have given up on this project.)
Beautiful knitting, lady!
I loved all three but especially the shawl.
Hope to see you soon.
Marge
Beautiful FOs!!!
Post a Comment