In the last month or so, her language skills have really taken off. I don't know if she has 50 words yet, but she is probably pretty close. This morning she has said : open, close, fish, turtle, cracker, shoe, foot, hello, and bye bye. Cracker still needs some work, but it's kinda-sorta there.
Other words she uses now include: mama, dada, night-night, cup, house, dog, cow, duck, walk, ball, cheese, boat, car, six, go, hair, hand, nose, eye, book, baby, Ming-Ming (one of the Wonder Pets), away, and mine. She says "What's that?" and "here go" (here you go) and sometimes something that resembles "thank you". Some words still need a lot of work, including water "wa", Wonder Pets (also "wa"), and Grandmom and Grandpa are both "ba pa". Lovey Bunny is still a strange lalabalala sound that nobody but her can actually make.
Her favorite songs are Wheels on the Bus and If You're Happy and You Know It. She asks for Wheels by climbing in my lap and doing the "beep beep" and she asks for Happy by throwing her arms up and saying "hooray".
Her sleeping has improved dramatically this week. She wakes around 7-7:30 and then often plays quietly in her crib, allowing me to gradually wake up and get motivated. Then she naps around 11:30-12:30 for two hours, and she has been going to sleep at around 8-8:30. She does usually wake and cry at around 12:30-1:30 am, so I move into her room at that point and sleep on the mattress and she goes back to sleep.
She is such an absolute sweetheart. Very happy most of the time. She can throw a tantrum with the best of them, but she gets over them fairly quick and she loves to give hugs and kisses. When I take her to the mall to play (the parks are deserted in the afternoons this time of year...too hot), she usually makes a friend or two. Older children love to play with her...they lead her around, she copies them, they play with her. I don't allow them to pick her up, but other than that, it's all good. She is not shy and will just walk right up to another child and say, "hello". She is still in parallel play mode, but does interact some with other children. Sometimes these children (usually the hispanic ones) approach me and want to know if she is hispanic. She also often says "hello" to other parents, but she doesn't try to get too close to them or get them to hold her. I get a lot of comments about how cute she is. She definitely exudes personality and let's face it, she is pretty darn cute. She often checks for me and will point at me from across the play area and say, "mama". She loves to climb, but she does show some appropriate caution...doesn't generally go hauling off without any thought. She can climb up and lay on the rail of her crib now, but hasn't tried to go down the outside yet. We may need to put the toddler front onto her crib pretty soon, but I'd like to put it off for a while. I think keeping her in bed with just a toddler rail is going to be a challenge. I'm encouraged by her sleep patterns right now, but I'm trying not to get too excited about it. I don't know how long it is going to last.
3 comments:
What a cutie, and growing up too fast. Although at nearly 2 she still is a baby in my eyes.
Cheryl
She is adorable! I love that first picture!!!
Post a Comment