All summer, I've had a general idea of what I was going to pack for us to wear in Russia. Lightweight tops that we can wash in the hotel and dry easily because the weight limits on our domestic Russia flights are low. Dressy-ish capris for me, short sleeves for both of us. I was going to wear a short sleeve linen jacket with my black skirt to court. C is wearing a suit.
Well.
It's September now, y'all, and it is cold where we are going. I know the Yankees reading this will laugh, but on the day before court and the day of court, weather in our region is expected to be high of 65 and low of 45. That isn't freezing, but it isn't short-sleeves and capris weather, either. Not for this thin-blooded Southerner.
It's supposed to rain the day before and the day after court. Maybe we will get lucky and court day (Wednesday the 23rd cross your fingers) will be clear.
Moscow will have similar temps, maybe a little lower. We might see rain there on Monday.
Now I need to refigure the clothing situation...and perhaps buy a jacket for court. I know they tend to be heavy-handed with the central heating there, but I don't know if they will have it cranked up in this weather. This is not exactly cold for them. I may take short sleeves and a sweater.
Tomorrow we should get final confirmation. Then the final bookings can begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My stomach did a happy flip reading that you are finally going. Can't imagine how you are feeling.
Prayers that all goes smoothly now!
Thinking of you and hoping they don't keep you waiting long with the final confirmation tomorrow!
May everything on your trip go smoothly!
Post a Comment