Today I visited the police department again to request that they put the places of birth for C and I on our police clearances. The same lady (aka Dragon Lady in my mind) that had such a hard time with this last fall suddenly decided that this would be perfectly okay to do as long as we provide certified birth certificates. I don't understand why it is suddenly okay when before it wasn't...I'm just very, very happy, as this is a very definite requirement (that our cities of birth be included on our police clearance letters) in the region we will be going to court in. So hooray! I was worried about trying to convince them that this is needed after that last bout with the Dragon Lady. I never spoke to her this time...the very nice lady (who is always nice) at the window went and asked her since Dragon lady is her supervisor.
As soon as C gets home from the office, we will go get our official application to the court notarized and tomorrow I will drive to Austin and back to get it apostilled so that I can Fed Ex it tomorrow. The sooner they get this application, the sooner we can get a court date.
On the way back through town I will be stopping off to pick up the homestudy update I need to Fed Ex to USCIS tomorrow afternoon. Our I-171-H for China expires on Thursday, so I need to get that stuff overnighted to them. This Russia trip threw a wrench into my China schedule. I would have done this last week, had we been here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment