New visa applications. Only I forgot to make copies of the last ones...so I have had to look up our countries visited in the last ten years, our last two employers...our colleges, etc. again. And they don't accept copies. I have to hand write it all out...twice for each of us, two pages of tiny block lettering. I already messed up once by starting to put C's birthdate in a space that is supposed to contain mine, so that one had to be redone. I need to Fed Ex these tonight. We just went and got passport photos done again to submit with the visa apps.
We've been contemplating flights and hotel reservations...we actually found some really decent rates in Moscow...much less than what we had seen before. I don't know what is up with that, but we'll take it.
Several airlines used to give special rates to adoptive families...and some of them were pretty flexible on waiving charges for schedule changes, since our court date is technically "tentative" and could change at any time. Those days are more or less gone, though. We have some FF miles to use, but only enough for one of the two more trips we need to take. If we come home during the ten day wait. We are still discussing whether to try to stay. If we can get these low hotel rates, maybe we might...although I don't know when we would do all the shopping we need to do because until they pronounce her officially ours forever and ever, we have been holding out on buying everything we will need for her.
We are driving down to Austin either tomorrow or Friday...haven't worked that out yet. I want to have the yarn for Our Russian Adventure in my hands by Monday so I can start knitting when the game starts, and the Secretary of State office is closed on Monday (I didn't even know this was Memorial Day weekend until Mom told me today). So if we go down this week, I can kill two birds with one stone.
Speaking of Mom, let's all send her good vibes and warm fuzzies. She hasn't been feeling too great lately and I hate that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sherilyn
I've been following your adoption, by the way she is ADORABLE, and I was curious about how quickly things would move. Do I have it correct that after the court date there is a 10 day waiting period, but at that point you are free to bring her home? Laura
Post a Comment