It's been a busy week here. I was in heavy knitting mode earlier in the week and then I decided to sew the window treatments my mom has been waiting for me to do. So I whipped those out Wednesday and just kept on sewing. When I sew, I don't get on the computer as much since I'm in my room all day and we keep the laptop in the living room. My brother flew in from Pensacola Thursday, and Mom and Dad came over yesterday to get him, so I sent the window treatments home with them. He'll be back next week for a few days before he flies out.
I finally sat down and sewed a needle case for my dpn's. I've needed one for a long time. I have A LOT of dpn's (that's double pointed needles for you non-knitters). The little crochet hook case i was using was just too short, and the dpn cases available commercially or through Etsy just didn't seem to be what I need. I sorta had a plan when I started, but just kinda winged it and it took three days off and on, but I have something useful that I like now. I'd take photos and post them right now, but I need to sit down and plan a shoping list for tonight's dinner with friends. maybe tomorrow.
I was up until 4 sewing for the babies (I know, bad habit...I even got up a bit early yesterday by my standards to fix breakfast for my brother and hang out with him until the parents got here). I woke up with dinner on the brain...I think we are having roast beef, with scalloped potatoes and buttered peas and I need another veggie. Need to figure out the other veggie. I have this awesome marinated mushroom recipe, and I might do that, but it doesn't really count for a full-on side like corn or broccoli would. And we'll have berries and pound cake for dessert, I think....thankfully, this couple that is coming over don't seem to be picky eaters...I've cooked for them before, but I like to offer 2-3 veggies in case someone doesn't like one of them...
We also need to complete our Hague-approved parent training for Russia. We may end up doing that tomorrow. Not sure. But once we get our last reference in and the training done, we can get our homestudy finished! I waited all week for our dossier instruction packet from our agency and it isn't here yet, so I guess I'll call Monday and see what the deal is on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment