It turns out that the six month date applies to all sorts of documents...like our health reports, police reports, etc. Those were all notarized in May...they could all get rejected. I just got off the phone with the courier and she said that sometimes they let this stuff through. She had a couple recently in the same boat I am in and they let them through. So she said not to panic....yet. We'll know when she goes to pick it all up next week.
But I am really, really close to panicking. I'm am trying really hard to hold it together. How am I supposed to hold it together until next week? C has all sorts of stuff going on at work...he's a basketcase in his own right. I am beside myself. How can this possibly come off the rails this late in the game? The courier recommended not doing the paperwork over yet, and although it would be easy to get the BC now and get it back from the SoS in a few days, the police reports would take a few days just to get back from the police dept and the health reports....SHIT. I already drove my doctor's office batty with those. I wonder if I can just get the same reports notarized again if I have to. At least the Texas SoS is faster than the California one.
Okay, I have to pull a Scarlett O'Hara and think about that tomorrrow. If I have to redo these things, I'll deal with it. But I am so upset... The Houston consulate adopted this six month thing last March, apparently, after we began this process, and my handbook doesn't reference it. I know my agency can't inform us of all the stuff at all the embassies, but my handbook doesn't even reference the possibility of this.
@#$@# Off to get money orders and Fed Ex this stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment