and Corey will be home from China. He'll be home for a week and then he's off to Belgium again (yes, I know, we just got back from there) and it looks like he will be spending a lot of time in England in December. His Blackberry is not working, so I can't call him this week, which is a bummer. He has to borrow a phone to call me.
I've been busy sewing. Got my studio pretty much set up and sewed almost all last week. Corey was working late in preparation for his trip, so I didn't even have to stop and fix dinner most nights. I imagine he will be working late all next week, what with being gone and about to go again.
Friday night the neighbors behind us had a little party and we got to meet some of our neighbors, so that was nice. Then Sunday the neighbors on the right brought over some fresh baked bread...apparently the hubby bakes bread when he isn't off doing gastroenterology...and so I got to meet them. Corey had already met the husband before. This seems like a neighborly little neighborhood. I htink some of us are going to try to start doing a First Friday get together like the one we just had. It will be a few months before we are ready to host. I know Corey is impatient to have folks over, but it may take me that long to get this place decorated. I have until Thanksgiving to get new carpet in the guest room and get the bed set up in there.
I got new furniture Friday! I was practically dancing around I was so excited. A sideboard and display case for the dining room and a new TV stand for the living room, which I am over the moon about. SO much better than that little thing we've had. We've had this monster TV sitting on top of this tiny stand for two years now. It looked ridiculous. Now I jsut need end tables and big rugs in the living room and dining room and stuff on the walls. Oh, and I need for my granite adn tile to come in for the kitchen.
I got the alarm system set up here at the house. I've only accidentally set it off once. So far. :D
Saw Rudy Monday night. I did a 6am airport drop off for him. He's looking good, for an old man. :D
I guess I need to go scrap. I haven't been scrapping, just sewing and maybe I need to scrap today and sew tomorrow at my usual Thursday sewing group for NIN. Lost comes on in a few hours. I started a sweater for Children in Common, so I can stockinette stitch through that show and Project Runway. I've been off socks. I got socked out on the flights to and from Brussels, and to top it off, the cable sock that I did on that trip fits my foot, but when I did the leg and then tried it on after we got home, I couldn't get it ON. I think the leg is too narrow, since it is cabling all the way around with no stockinette like the foot has on the underside. I could scream. I may be off socks for a bit. :(
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
O.k., so I want to see photos of the new furniture and I'm STILL waiting on the photos of the studio!! ;-)
Oops, that was me before!
Post a Comment