Started The Sweater last night. I'm doing the sleeves first, to get a better sense of gauge (I finally met gauge on size 5's) and sort of get a feel for this whole thing. I'm knitting both sleeves at once, as I've heard this is the best way to make sure your sleeves are the same length. I can knit two baby booties on the same needles with the same yarn and end up with two different sized baby booties, so I know my gauge can vary from day to day, hour to hour.
I'm done with the ribbing and will take a photo later once I get into the moss stitch some. The yarn store called and the rest of the yarn on order for The Sweater is in, so I am going to run over there this afternoon. I'm glad it's here. I was hoping nothing would happen and I would be starting with yarn I can't finish with.
I've been taking it easy this week. My lymph nodes have really gone down in the last day, so who knows, maybe I am on the road to recovery, but I am planning to take it easy a while longer. I took a bunch of clothes to the cleaners this week for Corey because I'm not up for standing around ironing. It was weird. I haven't done the cleaners thing for anything but his suits in a long time. I'll go back to ironing once I get over this mono, but in the mean time, it's kinda nice not to have to worry about it.
I got Brian Westbrook as my third draft pick. I waffled on whether to go for him or Boldin or Harrison first....finally decided I need to pick up a 2nd RB now, but Boldin and Harrison (wide receivers) went right after I took Westbrook. I'm not going to have much to choose from in WR's. Randy Moss got picked up, too. Another one I was looking at. We are drafting every Wednesday and Saturday now, so I'll have to make another decision tomorrow. So far so good, my team is three strong and pretty decent.
My team name is K2P1, knitspeak for knit two, purl one. Corey suggested last year that I name it "The Ballbusters". Might still do that, but I need to bust a few balls before I do. I started out well last year, but then my two best players got injured and it was downhill from there. Hope this is a better season for me.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE the sweater design, and love the yarn too. I guess you wouldn't need much warmth in Texas... With you on disliking the Addi Turbos - I was told they'd change my life and all they did was annoy the hell out of me (maybe that was changing my life?) Going to sell them on eBay and stick to wood. Have you tried Colonial Rosewoods? They are utterly divine. I get mine from Warm Threads.
It's cooled down now here in Ireland. It got up to 70 which isn't funny for us (I know, I know, it was 104 last time I was in Texas and I was in the Hill Country which was supposed to be cooler.)
Jo
celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com
Post a Comment