I'm leaning toward this yarn for The Sweater, in leaf green...that color will look amazing with Corey's eyes (which are grey or green depending on what he is wearing): http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420126/yarn_display.aspx
Bamboo is out...it has some issues where it stretches in length as you wear it...doesn't hold its shape all that well, apparently. I've been reading up on yarn reviews. Hemp blends split too much and may have draping issues. I don't think cotton blends will have the right drape or texture. And this yarn has merino wool and alpaca, but I am more or less resigned now to the fact that this actually will be a sweater and will have to be somewhat warm, LOL!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like a very nice yarn - love that colour too
Sherilyn -
Thanks to you and Veronica (in Aus) I have now dusted off my knitting needles and am starting a sweater. Of course, I REALLY want to make the Sunrise Circle jacket - but am chicken and have no idea what yarn to buy that won't make me have to take out a loan! ::help!:: ;)
Happy knitting! I may have to live vicariously through you and Cory's sweater...
Post a Comment