I baked five loaves of zucchini bread tonight from ONE zucchini my dad gave me Sunday. I have another zucchini I can get at least one more loaf out of...may do that Sunday or Monday. I'm sending two loaves with Robert to my parents' and taking one loaf to Vicki's tomorrow when I go to crop. Then I will take a loaf to my NIN meeting Saturday morning and still have a loaf for Corey and me.
Corey is probably on his way to Hong Kong about now. Or maybe he is already there. It's Friday afternoon in China. He'll be home Saturday and I am glad. I get a bit lonely when he's gone, although it was easier this time since Robert has been here.
I got a new sock pattern today from my knit-along group. I'll be knitting from the toe-up, which I haven't done before. Well, I started one once, but it just seemed so backwards and awkward that I didn't finish it. And I had a hard time with the method for starting the toe, so that was all screwy, too. But I'll give this one a go. Even if the pattern is an extraordinarily long EIGHT pages, all in paragraph format. The pattern creator obviously knows what she is talking about, it's just that technical writing evidently is not her strong point. It's kinda like flying to Hawaii via Alaska. But I'm still pretty excited to try some of the new techniques.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I tried to start a toe-up sock the other day....I gave up in exasperation.
If you read my latest blog post - you will see that I bought a new book all about socks :) Lots of variations to play with.
Post a Comment