"Are you planning to work late tonight?"
"Nope"
Guess I should have defined "late". Granted, 7:45 PM isn't really a late night at the office for Corey, but still. We were at the realtor's this time last night and then he went back to the office and didn't get home until after midnight. So I thought I'd see him here tonight by 7. Pork chops have been in the crock pot for nearly two hours now, and they don't need two hours.
Hmmmph. I'm waiting because I don't want to start texturing the bathroom until I can do the whole thing. I guess I could go clean up the stripping mess and tape a few areas to make texturing easier. But I'm getting reeeeeeeeeally hungry, the pork chops smell great, and Somebody isn't answering his phone.
On a positive note, I tested negative for strep today. I'm not feeling any symptoms, but the nurse suggested I get swabbed anyway. I could still be a carrier, but as long as I don't cough in anyone's face or share cups or forks with them, it should be okay. The incubation period should end tomorrow, so here's hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling as good as I did this morning.
"I'm not working late tonight", my ass.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to know how you are cooking the pork chops in the crock pot and what else is in there. Sounds like it could by yummy!
Lisa
Just thick cut bone-in pork chops browned with salt and pepper in a skillet and then placed in the crock pot. Pour barbecue sauce on them and let them cook slowly. Good stuff. Corey really likes them. I use different sauces...sometimes sweet (with honey) or sometimes spciy.
Ooh they sound yummy! :-)
Post a Comment