Corey just checked in from China again.He was a little bit drunk (it was "tonight" there and he was getting ready to go to bed). Now, Corey never drinks that much. I'm not sure I've ever really seen him drunk. We split a bottle of wine with a heavy dinner some weekends when we eat out, and he might have the occasional glass of wine or beer at home or at my parents', but we don't drink very much when we do drink.
Apparently they had a banquet of sorts to honor him and every time someone toasted, he was compelled by manners to drink a whole glass of red wine. So he has apparently had quite a bit of red wine.
In any case, he is staying at a hotel...at the plant. They have a 25 room hotel at the plant and he must have gotten the suite 'cause he said his "room" was actually about 5 rooms and he was going to go off and try to find his bed.
Oh, and today his black shoes decided to fall apart. His heel keeps coming off and he keeps havng to retrace his steps to get it. I am SO glad I talked him into taking his brown shoes. He was determined to travel light and wanted to just take/wear one pair. So hopefully tomorrow he will wear brown and ask his hosts where to get his shoe fixed. Chinese hospitality (and DH's rank) should dictate that they get his shoe fixed. I hope so, cuz he only has two, maybe three day's worth of clothes to wear with the brown shoes.
The only other time I've ever known him to really drink too much was when he called me about a year ago from London, where he and his colleagues had been out and about and he hadn't even apparently kept up with them, or he would have been REALLY drunk. He's pretty funny on the phone when he's tipsy.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment