so just now I was watching this video when N ran into the room:
She loves watching herself on video and we sometimes watch her YouTube vids on the TV.
She said,"That's baby N in the baby home. Then I went on the airplane."
I know she doesn't remember this stuff. She does remember what we tell her now, though, and whenever we watch the baby home vids (she requests them often) or look at photos I always tell her about how this was when she was in Russia and lived at the baby home and this was the day we became her mommy and daddy and this was the day Mommy went to the baby home to get her and took her to the hotel in Russia and this was the day I brought her home and this was the day Daddy showed her her new home and this was the day she met Grandpa and this was the day she met Grandmom, etc.
It will be a while before she realizes that this experience, her experience, is not the experience of every child. But I am happy that for her, for now, this is normal. This is normal and good. In fact, it is wonderful and joyous and something for us to celebrate.
She wants to go back to the baby home and I hope that someday we can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"It is wonderful and joyous..."
Oh yes, it is very wonderful and joyous.....still and always!
Love,
Marge
So precious! You've done such a good job documenting the adoption process, I love how many videos N will have to watch!!
-Diana
Post a Comment