Friday, February 18, 2011

Pooh

So I recently came across some patterns that I plan to make. There is a designer who has designed several crochet toys and among them are Winnie the Pooh and friends. I purchased all her Pooh patterns: Pooh, Piglet, Roo, Eeyore, Tigger,and Huffalump. I wish she had a Rabbit, but she doesn't...I'm going to try to find a suitable rabbit pattern.

Right now, N has a set of stacking ring stuffies that are Pooh themed. She loves them and all things Pooh, so I thought I'd make her some more realistic stuffies. The ring stuffies don't have Rabbit either, just Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet. She gets out the pink Rabbit my parents gave her for easter last year and uses that for Rabbit. It doesn't phase her yet that Rabbit is supposed to be yellow.

Pooh was easy. Not a lot of color changes and pretty much just single crochet in a spiral. Seaming him was the hardest part...figuring out how to center his snout and get his head on without it being floppy. One of his legs is slightly pigeon-toed if you want to get all technical, which I don't. :-) Piglet and Roo seem to be the next easiest, followed by Eeyore and Tigger. Not sure I will do the Huffalump, since she doesn't know Huffalump, but I may eventually.

I sewed together everything but the arms last night and when N found him on the sofa this morning, she followed me around with him and his arms asking me to fix him, so I did it first thing, before I had even had a chance to drink my tea. He's a hit.

Now to decide which one to do next. I also purchased a pattern from this designer for Pigpen from her Peanuts collection and I plan to do him up to look like Christopher Robin. I'm a bit paranoid because I can just see Disney and Nickelodeon going after this designer and shutting her down, so I went ahead and bought the only other pattern I felt I really wanted to make for N, a rather impressive rendition of Blue from Blue's Clues. We are headed off to the store in a little while to pick up some more yarn and the felt for Eeyore's ears.



No comments: