Saturday, October 25, 2008

Knitting

I've been up all night ordering photos off Kodak.com and that isn't the easiest task since I haven't ordered in over a year and even then, I was behind. I've got over 600 photos in my cart right now. Since I scrapbook, I look through and order the prints I want and also decide what size to get...I get 5x7's and 8x10's of some shots.

I have been knitting, although I seem to be stuck in some sort of never-ending loop of not finishing things right now. I was almost done with the sleeves for C's sweater when I did some measuring and realized my row gauge was waaaay off, so those had to be frogged and restarted. And I've had to drop everything and swatch because I've been asked to teach a class at FiberFest this year, but I don't have a pattern and won't know what the students will need to bring until I do.

In the meantime, I have some Booga Bag photos from this summer. I completed this from wool yarns donated to NIN, felted it, and then donated it to a charity auction NIN will benefit from. It isn't much, but it is something and the pattern was super easy and brainless TV knitting.


The colors are seriously off and no amount of photos would give me the right color because it was nighttime the night before I gave it away and I didn't have daylight. The actual colors were much deeper purples.

This is what I have been doing for the last two days. It's bad. That's just some of the contents of my craft closet, which is now more or less my yarn closet. I still have scrapping stuff in there and some quilting stuff and some other misc. stuff, but I'm having to get honest about what I will use and what I won't because that closet has not been working for me and I'm determined to improve it through dissection and reassembly. It's tough, though, to figure out how to sort all this stuff out, but I think I've got a plan now, so hopefully this weekend things will get back under control in there. I can't get to my sewing machine at all and my scrapping desk is accessible but piled high. And ordering photos makes me want to scrap, so maybe I'll actually get this mess figured out tomorrow....or today...or whenever. I've been doing so good about going to bed early all week, too. Until tonight.

No comments: