woohoo! Found the yarn for the rest of the little cyan colored toddler dress. I'm in a massive cleaning frenzy since we are hosting a couple for dinner tomorrrow night.
The couple is a guy C works with and the guy's wife. Bill used to work in China and C met with him while over there...Bill and his wife were trying to adopt from China and then they got sent back to the States. I know Bill is of Chinese decent...not sure about his wife yet. So they will get expedited service from the Chinese govt. but I wonder how moving countries affected their process. We had originally planned dinner tomorrow night, then I realized I need to pick up my brother at the airport and take him to Mom and Dad's, so we were going to cancel, but C really wanted to do it this weekend rather than next weekend. Not sure what the hurry is, but whatever. I probably should have insisted on waiting. Tonight we have a Roger Waters (think Pink Floyd) concert, tomorrow I have an NIN work meeting all day starting around 9:30 am, and we are having the Wong's over at 5pm for dinner. Then at 8:30 pm or so, I'm picking the brother up at the airport 15 minutes away and taking him to Mom and Dad's a little over an hour away. I'll be back Tuesday night when I will drop Rudy off at a local hotel for a conference.
Yeah, I'm overbooked.
And my house is not company-ready. I have yarn all over the freaking living room, which is how I found the cyan yarn....I was putting yarn away and moving boxes and there it was! I need to do dishes and dust and all sorts of stuff to get company-ready. I swear C invites people over just to get me to put my yarn away.
And the concert is confusing: the tickets and all the on-line ticket sites say it starts at 7...the ticket organizing place says 8pm...and the venue? Well, the venue is the Superpages.com Center. (stupid name...used to be Starplex, then the Smirnoff Center...I still call it Starplex) There is no Superpages.com Center website. We have very excellent seats, so we are planning to be there at 7 and I'll have some knitting with me, because we may be early. :D We need to leave here by 5:30 to deal with the traffic in case they start at 7....and you know, it's after 3pm so I am running a little late. Shouldn't have slpet in today...
So I have two hours to shower, get dressed, clean the house...I will be coming home early from the NIN meeting tomorrow. I am thinking of doing a brisket but haven't made it to the grocery store ...I'll probably menu plan tonight and stop at the grocery store tomorrow afternoon on the way home from NIN.
I'm hoping a little Yaz Upstairs at Eric's will get me in the mood to clean, as I really have no choice...and it's been forever since I listened to that CD....so far I've been doing about as much dancing as cleaning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment