Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Truly disconnected

So a week ago my laptop died. Or rather, the video card and the backlight on my monitor both apparently kicked it at the same time.

I've been offline for a while now and in a way, it sucked, but I also got a lot of knitting done. I'd share photos, but I can't, since I can't add softweare to the PC I'm using.

Right now I am using an extra laptop from C's work, and although it is nice to be able to check e-mail and look up some stuff, the virus definitions are out of date and an extremely annoying message beeps at me every two minutes, disrupting my typing or reading or whatever.

So I'm back, but not fully, since this message is driving me to distraction. We can't update the virus stuff since the work ID on this computer is out of date (it belonged to a former employee of C).

Went to the quilt show last weekend and had a good time and bought some fun stuff. Finished a scarf and started a matching headband, and bought the yarn for a new sweater pattern for me. I was doing really well on C's sweater, but then fell off that wagon with the colorful Noro scarf and haven't gotten back on yet.

No comments: