No Homestudy. Still.
She is supposed to have our HS back to us within two weeks of receipt of our documents. She received the first set May 23rd. On June 9th we received the rough draft via e-mail. It was very, very rough. Lots of dates were incorrect, she listed three brothers for me in my bio but had me getting along with only two of them later on (I have three and I get along with all of them), the names for our chosen guardians were incorrect (she was using a template she had used before with the names of folks we didn't know), our wedding date was wrong, my middle name was wrong, and there were lots of grammatical and spelling errors. I sent back my revisions, although I told her I didn't address the spelling and grammar since I knew she would be going through that again. She indicated that we needed to redo/renotarize our statement of financial status since we had some blanks on it that were not allowed and I had to get a notarized letter from my doctor.
That took some time to get and send. I sent the final paperwork for the HS around the 25th of June. She said last Monday she'd lost a coworker to suicide and lost about a week workwise, so she'd work on it over the 4th (she has a FT job working with the mentally ill and does HS's on the side). Haven't heard from her. I waited all weekend and still haven't heard from her. Just sent her another e-mail a few minutes ago asking.
I'm so frustrated. This is taking WAY too long. I was hoping to be DTC by the end of August, but unless a miracle happens, I don't think we will make it by then. Once we get our HS, I have to get all our docs authenticated and certified and we have to apply to CIS. CIS will likely take the longest. Hopefully we will make it sometime in September. Every week or month we don't get DTC is another week or month we won't have our daughter, and the wait is plenty long enough without adding to it. The wait now is around 19 months from DTC and we are all expecting that to increase. It should take 6 months to do the paperchase and we started February 28th.
Sigh.
Corey is even asking about it, so you know it is taking too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment