Saturday, March 24, 2007

Waiting.

The social worker will be here in two hours for our first homestudy meeting. I really don't know what to expect. She has our autobiography questionnaires, so I know she will ask stuff about that. The house is clean. I haven't had to do any massive cleaning, as I've been keeping up with housework lately, and I've left some of my knitting around the living room. The guest bath is unfinished and has paint swatches painted all over it since I started looking again this week for the perfect color and I think I've found it. I know she isn't going to white glove the place, and in fact, it needs to look more like a kid-friendly home than a museum.

Corey isn't nervous at all. He's taking it all in stride. As far as he's concerned, they'd be crazy to turn us down and there isn't anything to worry about. Part of that even keeled thing he always has going on. He did do some reading this morning on attachment issues as they apply to adoption and he needs to finish that chapter when he gets back from getting his hair cut. I'm not quite a nervous wreck, but I am on edge. I feel like she has all the control. Like my fate rests in her hands. And if for some reason she doesn't think we're fit, she'll deny us our dream. Rationally, I know that she will be a nice person and she wants us to be able to adopt and we should be a shoe-in and everything should go fine. But there's that tiny part of me that is afraid I'm going to have the rug jerked out from under me and I can't help but be nervous.

So the house is ready and I made fresh iced tea and I'm stitting here waiting. I guess I should knit. Knitting calms me. I have a no-brainer sock in progress right now that ought to be perfect.

Wish us luck!

No comments: